List:Connector/C++« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Warren Young Date:December 16 2008 6:24pm
Subject:Re: Compile Connector/C++ error while building mysqlpp.dll.
View as plain text
Agus Jumadi wrote:
> I compiled mysql mysql_connector_cpp using MingW 5.1.4 on windows. mysql
> version is MySQL Server 5.1.
> I use command prompt to build mysqlpp > "mingw32-make -f Makefile.mingw".
> While compiling, libmysqlpp.a is successed build, but it cannot build
> mysqlpp.dll because of error reference...

This mailing list is for MySQL's Connector/C++, but it seems you're
talking about MySQL++, a different library.  MySQL hosts the mailing
lists for both projects, but MySQL++'s home is elsewhere:

	http://tangentsoft.net/mysql++/

Its mailing list home is:

	http://lists.mysql.com/plusplus/

> what does "-lmysqlclient" mean ?

That tells the compiler to link to a library called mysqlclient.  It's
specific to MinGW, and isn't provided as part of MySQL.  The
instructions for making that library are in README-MinGW.txt within the
MySQL++ source distribution.

If you have more questions about MySQL++, please take it up on the other
mailing list.
Thread
Compile Connector/C++ error while building mysqlpp.dll.Agus Jumadi16 Dec
  • Re: Compile Connector/C++ error while building mysqlpp.dll.Warren Young16 Dec
re: Compile Connector/C++ error while building mysqlpp.dll.Agus Jumadi18 Dec