List:Community« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Steph Date:February 21 2004 8:41am
Subject:RE: Licensing for tools
View as plain text
> Microsoft gives them free reign to use the drivers,

yeah, because Microsoft are already paid! - I came into OSS in the first
place _because_ of M$'s licensing terms for developers.  I don't think I'm
alone in that, somehow.

I couldn't agree more with you, Mike.  Clarity's hugely important.  Finding
clarity is not so straightforward, that's kinda where we're all at.  The
first thing we all need to agree on is whether we start achieving it by
looking at licensing on a per-case basis, or whether we start looking at
licensing from first principles.

Most countries begin with a constitution and then form their judiciary from
that base..

- Steph