List:Community« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Zak Greant Date:April 23 2004 12:32am
Subject:Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1
View as plain text
On Apr 9, 2004, at 11:11, Jan Wieck wrote:
> Zak Greant wrote:
>
>> On Mar 18, 2004, at 21:43, Jan Wieck wrote:
>
>>> There is the problem. At the first place in the chain, where it is
>>> not made totally clear that "this binary version of BAZBAR is FOOBAR
>>> licensed but contains differently licensed libraries, inherited from
>>> the included FOOFOO package, that are not fully compliant to the
>>> FOOBAR license distribution terms! Please refer to the MyFOO license
>>> terms for details of redistributing any rebundled, relinked or
>>> otherwise combined packages containing this binary BAZBAR package",
>>> the whole thing goes belly up.
>> Hrm. Now that I think about this a bit more, how is this that
>> different from dealing with any other software package. You always
>> need to check out the licensing requirements. For example, you don't
>> see big warnings on PHP that says:
>
> I see that MySQL has announced and published the FOSS exception
> already. Did this point cause any changes to it?

Hi Jan,

Sorry for the late response! Just got finished up with organizing the
MySQL User Conference and then going on to our own internal conference.

I thought about this more (and as quoted above) am fairly not sure that
this is needed.

Also, we had already published the draft at the time that we were
discussing the issues on the list.

Now that our own internal conference is complete, I will work on
getting the next major draft out.

Cheers!
--zak

Thread
The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Zak Greant13 Mar
  • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Andres Salomon16 Mar
    • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Zak Greant18 Mar
      • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Steve Langasek20 Mar
        • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Zak Greant21 Mar
        • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Zak Greant21 Mar
  • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Jan Wieck17 Mar
    • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Zak Greant18 Mar
    • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Andres Salomon18 Mar
      • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Jan Wieck19 Mar
        • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Zak Greant19 Mar
          • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Jan Wieck9 Apr
            • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Zak Greant25 Apr