List:Community« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Jan Wieck Date:April 9 2004 4:11pm
Subject:Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1
View as plain text
Zak Greant wrote:

> On Mar 18, 2004, at 21:43, Jan Wieck wrote:

>> There is the problem. At the first place in the chain, where it is not
>> made totally clear that "this binary version of BAZBAR is FOOBAR
>> licensed but contains differently licensed libraries, inherited from
>> the included FOOFOO package, that are not fully compliant to the
>> FOOBAR license distribution terms! Please refer to the MyFOO license
>> terms for details of redistributing any rebundled, relinked or
>> otherwise combined packages containing this binary BAZBAR package",
>> the whole thing goes belly up.
>
> Hrm. Now that I think about this a bit more, how is this that different
> from dealing with any other software package. You always need to check
> out the licensing requirements. For example, you don't see big warnings
> on PHP that says:

I see that MySQL has announced and published the FOSS exception already.
Did this point cause any changes to it?

Jan

#================================================== JanWieck@stripped #

Thread
The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Zak Greant13 Mar
  • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Andres Salomon16 Mar
    • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Zak Greant18 Mar
      • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Steve Langasek20 Mar
        • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Zak Greant21 Mar
        • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Zak Greant21 Mar
  • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Jan Wieck17 Mar
    • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Zak Greant18 Mar
    • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Andres Salomon18 Mar
      • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Jan Wieck19 Mar
        • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Zak Greant19 Mar
          • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Jan Wieck9 Apr
            • Re: The MySQL FOSS Exception v0.1Zak Greant25 Apr