List:Community« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hamid Majidy Date:May 7 2009 5:53am
Subject:RE: Loss of HTML Graphics Characters
View as plain text
Thank you, Arjen, for your helpful guidance. Unfortunately despite
environment initialization fiddling in the PHP script it still doesn't
render properly. Commands added to the script are:
mysql_query('SET CHARACTER SET utf8');
mysql_query('SET NAMES utf8');
mysql_query('SET COLLATION_CONNECTION utf8');
mysql_query('SET COLLATION_DATABASE latin1');
Many combinations of the above lines tried in the PHP script just after
connecting to MySQL server and mysql_select_db to connect to correct DB with
basically the same result. Page characteristics change as statements are
added and removed, so I know they're taking effect. I see no more errors in
the apache error log, and the weblog sees the request. The page looks best
without any of the new commands. Perhaps explicitly resetting any other
differences in mysql environment variables to match the server where it's
working will fix it. Will try those soon and report back results.

Regards,
Hamid.