List:Community« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hamid Majidy Date:May 6 2009 4:17pm
Subject:Loss of HTML Graphics Characters
View as plain text
Hello MySQL community. I have MySQL 5.0.45 with Apache 2.2.3 running on
CentoOS 5.2 with a page display issue. Pages display as:

    Model

    Cap.      (CFM)

 Act.Cap   (MBH)

    Weight
(kg)Â Â

Dimensions

SAC-060

7200

62.5

180

1250

1400

1880

instead of:

    Model

    Cap.      (CFM)

 Act.Cap   (MBH)

    Weight        (kg)

Dimensions

SAC-060

7200

62.5

180

1250

1400

1880

Curious thing is, the table characters render just fine but bolding gets
misinterpreted.

I have changed DB collation to latin1_swedish_ci on former to match the
latter DB table’s collation setting. All database and table settings through
phpAdmin appear identical, yet the two HTML pages rendered on the same
Windows client machine running the same instance of Firefox appear
different. I have even dumped the entire table structure and contents from
one and imported to the other with the same result. HTML contents of the 2
fields have to be identical after the import. Restarting apache and mysql
after all the changes did not help either.

I am all out of ideas on this. Anyone please have any before I do permanent
damage to my wall or my head?

Thanks,

Hamid.

Thread
Loss of HTML Graphics CharactersHamid Majidy6 May
  • Re: Loss of HTML Graphics CharactersArjen Lentz6 May
    • RE: Loss of HTML Graphics CharactersHamid Majidy7 May
  • RE: Loss of HTML Graphics CharactersHamid Majidy8 May