List:Community« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Walter Heck Date:February 10 2009 3:05pm
Subject:Re: Dutch MySQL User group
View as plain text
I gave it some more thought and decided it would be best to start
building an online community first. I helped in doing the same thing
years ago for delphi, and we managed to start the number 1 online
dutch forum for Delphi at www.nldelphi.com.
As I am traveling a lot these days, I will probably not have too much
time to organise meetups for now anyway, so I decided to apply the
same format we used for NLDelphi: building a friendly, slightly
moderated (read: only when necessary) dutch language forum for MySQL
users of all kinds. If that works out well, we can always start
meeting up later (which is what happened after a while on NLDelphi.com
as well :)

Thoughts are welcome!

Walter

OlinData: Professional services for MySQL
Support * Consulting * Administration
http://www.olindata.com

On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Sheeri K. Cabral <awfief@stripped> wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 10, 2009 at 3:07 AM, Arjen Lentz <arjen@stripped> wrote:
>>
>> Apart from the excellent links that Sheeri provided, note specifically
>> that meetup.com is free for MySQL user groups.
>
> To be clear, MySQL pays the fee.  Follow the information in the links
> provided to set it up.
>

>> You get calendar/signup stuff in there, as well as a mailing list and
>> other relevant infrastructure. Plus good Google juice.
>
> Yep!  It's nice not to have to maintain that, even though I could, it's one
> less thing to deal with.  And when you're doing stuff as a volunteer, that's
> one of the most important things!
>
> --
> - Sheeri K. Cabral
>
> http://tinyurl.com/mysqlbook will take you to the Amazon.com page for my
> upcoming book, "MySQL Administrator's Bible".

Thread
Dutch MySQL User groupWalter Heck10 Feb
  • Re: Dutch MySQL User groupSheeri K. Cabral10 Feb
    • Re: Dutch MySQL User groupWalter Heck10 Feb
  • Re: Dutch MySQL User groupArjen Lentz10 Feb
    • Re: Dutch MySQL User groupSheeri K. Cabral10 Feb
      • Re: Dutch MySQL User groupWalter Heck10 Feb
        • Re: Dutch MySQL User groupSheeri K. Cabral10 Feb
      • Re: Dutch MySQL User groupArjen Lentz11 Feb
    • Re: Dutch MySQL User groupRoland Bouman10 Feb