List:Community« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arjen Lentz Date:February 10 2009 8:07am
Subject:Re: Dutch MySQL User group
View as plain text
Hi Walter

On 10/02/2009, at 9:14 AM, Walter Heck wrote:
> after a very interesting and successful FOSDEM, I was thinking about
> starting a dutch MySQL user group. Some thoughts, questions, concerns
> i would like you all to look at and comment on:
>
> - does one exist yet? I looked around and couldn't find any, so I
> presume it at least doen't exist by this name.
> - Is there a crowd for this group? I personally think so, as I see
> more and more people starting to use MySQL more and more intensively.
> - Anyone want to help set this up?
> - Anything else?

Apart from the excellent links that Sheeri provided, note specifically
that meetup.com is free for MySQL user groups.
You get calendar/signup stuff in there, as well as a mailing list and
other relevant infrastructure. Plus good Google juice.

In terms of content, I'd be happy to do a gig by video some time, in
Dutch - I'm a native Dutchie except I live in Australia ;-)
Similarly, I'm sure that Roland Bouman (in Leiden) would be happy to
do a talk also.
Also happy to help on the Dutch mailing list (in Dutch) when you set
it up.

Be sure to let me know!

Cheers,
Arjen.
--
Arjen Lentz, Director @ Open Query (http://openquery.com.au)
MySQL Training from $475/day, DBA/Support from $249/month

My blog is at http://arjen-lentz.livejournal.com
OurDelta: free enhanced builds for MySQL @ http://ourdelta.org

Thread
Dutch MySQL User groupWalter Heck10 Feb
  • Re: Dutch MySQL User groupSheeri K. Cabral10 Feb
    • Re: Dutch MySQL User groupWalter Heck10 Feb
  • Re: Dutch MySQL User groupArjen Lentz10 Feb
    • Re: Dutch MySQL User groupSheeri K. Cabral10 Feb
      • Re: Dutch MySQL User groupWalter Heck10 Feb
        • Re: Dutch MySQL User groupSheeri K. Cabral10 Feb
      • Re: Dutch MySQL User groupArjen Lentz11 Feb
    • Re: Dutch MySQL User groupRoland Bouman10 Feb