Date: 2005-12-17 20:29:48 +0100 (Sat, 17 Dec 2005)
New Revision: 583
r4875@frost: paul | 2005-12-17 13:29:31 -0600
Incorporate Serg comments/fixes.
Property changes on: trunk
--- trunk/refman-5.1/extending-mysql.xml 2005-12-17 18:52:53 UTC (rev 582)
+++ trunk/refman-5.1/extending-mysql.xml 2005-12-17 19:29:48 UTC (rev 583)
@@ -1281,10 +1281,11 @@
full-text parser plugins) and contains pointers to three
- functions. Each each of these functions should point to a
- function or be set to 0 if the function is not needed.
- Normally, the <literal>parse</literal> member should be
- non-zero or there is little reason for the plugin to exist.
+ functions. The <literal>init</literal> and
+ <literal>deinit</literal> members should point to a function
+ or be set to 0 if the function is not needed. The
+ <literal>parse</literal> member must point to the function
+ that performs the parsing.
@@ -1556,7 +1557,7 @@
<literal>mysql_add_word</literal> callback. To tell
the server what kind of token is being passed, the
plugin needs to fill in a
structure and pass a pointer to it.
@@ -1664,7 +1665,13 @@
A weighting factor that determines how much a match for
the word counts. It can be used to increase or decrease
- the word's importance in relevance calculations.
+ the word's importance in relevance calculations. A value
+ of zero indicates no weight adjustment. Values greater
+ than or less than zero mean higher or lower weight,
+ respectively. The examples at
+ <xref linkend="fulltext-boolean"/> that use the
+ <literal><</literal> and <literal>></literal>
+ operators illustrate how weighting works.
@@ -1674,7 +1681,10 @@
- The sign of the weighting factor.
+ The sign of the weighting factor. A negative value acts
+ like the <literal>~</literal> boolean-search operator,
+ which causes the word's contribution to the relevance to
+ be negative.
@@ -2052,7 +2062,7 @@
only; it is not part of the plugin interface. The parser
passes the parsing context pointer to
<literal>add_word()</literal>, as well as a pointer to the
- word and its length:
+ word and a length value:
@@ -2073,11 +2083,11 @@
Compile the plugin library as a shared library and install
it in the plugin directory. The procedure for compiling
- shared objects vary from system to system. If the library
- is named <literal>mypluglib</literal>, you should end up
- with a shared object file that has a name something like
- <filename>libmypluglib.so</filename>. The filename might
- have a different extension on your system.
+ shared objects varies from system to system. If the
+ library is named <literal>mypluglib</literal>, you should
+ end up with a shared object file that has a name something
+ like <filename>libmypluglib.so</filename>. The filename
+ might have a different extension on your system.
|• svn commit - mysqldoc@docsrva: r583 - in trunk: . refman-5.1||paul||17 Dec|