4702 Kristofer Pettersson 2012-10-10 [merge]
auto merge 5.6->trunk
4701 Bjorn Munch 2012-10-10 [merge]
Upmerge WL 6055 followup 5.6 -> trunk
=== modified file 'sql/password.c'
--- a/sql/password.c 2012-06-28 13:48:07 +0000
+++ b/sql/password.c 2012-10-10 10:12:58 +0000
@@ -291,20 +291,29 @@ void make_password_from_salt_323(char *t
- Generate string of printable random characters of requested length.
+ Generate string of printable pseudo random characters of requested length.
- @param to[out] Buffer for generation; must be at least length+1 bytes
+ @param to[out] Buffer for generation; must be at least length+1 bytes
long; result string is always null-terminated
- length[in] How many random characters to put in buffer
- rand_st Structure used for number generation
+ @param length[in] How many random characters to put in buffer
+ @param rand_st Structure used for number generation
+ @note This function is restricted for use with
+ native_password_authenticate() because of security reasons.
+ DON'T RELY ON THIS FUNCTION FOR A UNIFORMLY DISTRIBUTION OF BITS!
void create_random_string(char *to, uint length, struct rand_struct *rand_st)
char *end= to + length;
- /* Use pointer arithmetics as it is faster way to do so. */
+ Warning: my_rnd() is a fast prng, but it doesn't necessarily have a uniform
for (; to < end; to++)
- *to= (char) (my_rnd_ssl(rand_st) * 94 + 33);
+ *to= (char) (my_rnd(rand_st) * 94 + 33);
No bundle (reason: useless for push emails).
|• bzr push into mysql-trunk branch (kristofer.pettersson:4701 to 4702) ||Kristofer Pettersson||10 Oct|