Date: 2011-02-09 11:37:50 +0100 (Wed, 09 Feb 2011)
New Revision: 25020
Updated text on quoting in conditionals
--- trunk/mysqltest-2.0/command-reference.xml 2011-02-08 21:30:30 UTC (rev 25019)
+++ trunk/mysqltest-2.0/command-reference.xml 2011-02-09 10:37:50 UTC (rev 25020)
Changed blocks: 2, Lines Added: 8, Lines Deleted: 7; 1399 bytes
@@ -3026,12 +3026,13 @@
Note that if you use a string on the right hand side of the
- comparison, it should not be quoted even if it contains spaces. If
- you do use quotation marks, they will be assumed part of the
- string, as in <command>let</command> commands. Please be aware
- that this is the case for the first release of MySQL 5.5 GA
- (5.5.8); later releases may strip quoting in this context but will
- not make it mandatory.
+ comparison, it does not have to be quoted even if it contains
+ spaces. It may optionally be enclosed in single or double
+ quotation marks which will then be stripped off before comparison.
+ This is in contrast to <literal>let</literal> statements, where
+ quoting is not stripped. The optional quoting is not available in
+ the first release of MySQL 5.5 GA (5.5.8), but can be used from
@@ -3041,7 +3042,7 @@
while ($counter<5) ...
-if ($value == No such row) ...
+if ($value == 'No such row') ...
if ($slave_count != $master_count) ...
|• svn commit - mysqldoc@docsrva: r25020 - trunk/mysqltest-2.0||bjorn.munch||9 Feb|