List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomas Ulin Date:October 28 2004 1:24pm
Subject:Re: Multiple management nodes problems.
View as plain text
the output is expected.  There are som "flaws" in the printout regarding
the @... from the ndb_mgmd/ndb_mgm

The addresses printed are those used to fetch the configuration, hence
if you restart a ndb_mgmd or connect to another
ndb_mgmd (which has not delivered the configuration), this info is not
available and hence not printed.

Hope you can live with that until we get time to fix it.

BR,

Tomas

Jaime Peñalba wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>Im having problems configuring a 2 computer mysql cluster with 2 ndb,
>2 mgm and 2 api, it works, i can reset ndbs from both management
>servers, but something must be wrong on the config.
>
>There are 2 boxes apache1 (192.168.0.1) and apache2(192.168.0.2),
>conected over a cross rj45 wire, here is the show for both boxes:
>
>apache1:~# echo "show" | ndb_mgm
>-- NDB Cluster -- Management Client --
>Connecting to Management Server: localhost:2200
>Cluster Configuration
>---------------------
>[ndbd(NDB)]     2 node(s)
>id=3    @192.168.0.1  (Version: 3.5.3, Nodegroup: 0, Master)
>id=4    @192.168.0.2  (Version: 3.5.3, Nodegroup: 0)
>
>[ndb_mgmd(MGM)] 2 node(s)
>id=1    @192.168.0.2  (Version: 3.5.3)
>id=2   (Version: 3.5.3)
>
>[mysqld(API)]   2 node(s)
>id=5    @192.168.0.1  (Version: 3.5.3)
>id=6    @192.168.0.2  (Version: 3.5.3)
>

>apache2:~# echo "show" | ndb_mgm
>-- NDB Cluster -- Management Client --
>Connecting to Management Server: localhost:2200
>Cluster Configuration
>---------------------
>[ndbd(NDB)]     2 node(s)
>id=3   (Version: 3.5.3, Nodegroup: 0, Master)
>id=4   (Version: 3.5.3, Nodegroup: 0)
>
>[ndb_mgmd(MGM)] 2 node(s)
>id=1   (Version: 3.5.3)
>id=2    @192.168.0.2  (Version: 3.5.3)
>
>[mysqld(API)]   2 node(s)
>id=5   (Version: 3.5.3)
>id=6   (Version: 3.5.3)
>

>Something must be wrong with the management nodes configuration, cause
>apache2 has id=1 on apache1 and id=2 on apache2, and nothing is said
>about the other mgm node, is this ok?, the configuration is the same
>for both nodes.
>
>Here is my management node configuration:
>
>## BEGIN CONFIG ##
>[COMPUTER]
>ID: 1
>HostName: apache1
>
>[COMPUTER]
>ID: 2
>HostName: apache2
>

>[NDBD DEFAULT]
>NoOfReplicas: 2
>
>[MYSQLD DEFAULT]
>[NDB_MGMD DEFAULT]
>DataDir: /usr/local/mysql/var/mysql-cluster
>
>[TCP DEFAULT]
>
>[NDB_MGMD]
>Id: 1
>ExecuteOnComputer: 1
>
>[NDB_MGMD]
>Id: 2
>ExecuteOnComputer: 2
>

>[NDBD]
>Id: 3
>ExecuteOnComputer: 1
>DataDir: /usr/local/mysql/var/mysql-db
>
>[NDBD]
>Id: 4
>ExecuteOnComputer: 2
>DataDir: /usr/local/mysql/var/mysql-db
>

>[MYSQLD]
>Id: 5
>ExecuteOnComputer: 1
>
>[MYSQLD]
> [...]

Thread
Multiple management nodes problems.Jaime Peñalba28 Oct
  • Re: Multiple management nodes problems.Tomas Ulin28 Oct
    • Re: Multiple management nodes problems.Jaime Peñalba28 Oct
      • Re: Multiple management nodes problems.Tomas Ulin28 Oct