List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Mikael Ronström Date:July 7 2004 5:14pm
Subject:Re: Couple of post-install questions
View as plain text
Hi,

2004-07-07 kl. 18.08 skrev Hyb:

> Hi List,
>
> I've been playing with the lastest source and I'm impressed, but I'm
> left
> with a couple of questions;
>
> a) How does the cluster cope if the MGM host (specified in all
> component's
> Ndb.cfg's) dies or fails to start all together? Will the cluster become
> fragmented and stop functioning? I can't see anyway for the DB/API
> nodes to
> source from multiple MGM nodes.

If the MGM node is unavailable nodes cannot start but those already
start keep
on working without any problems.

There is some work done on backup MGM nodes but it hasn't been
thoroughly tested
yet and it hasn't been an issue so far.

> b) Is there a plan (and if so a timescale) to implment TEXT/BLOB column
> support in the NDB engine? I have an application that heavily relies
> on full
> text indexed searches and obviously this currently impossible.

TEXT/BLOB attributes is very soon completed and pushed to the 4.1 clone.
Fulltext Indexes on TEXT/BLOB attributes is only supported on MyISAM and
no short-term plans on doing those in MySQL Cluster.

Rgrds Mikael

> Regards,

Mikael Ronström, Senior Software Architect
MySQL AB, www.mysql.com

Clustering:
http://www.infoworld.com/article/04/04/14/HNmysqlcluster_1.html

Couple of post-install questionsHyb7 Jul
  • RE: Couple of post-install questionsAlejandro J .  Ramírez7 Jul
    • Re: Couple of post-install questionsMikael Ronström7 Jul
  • Re: Couple of post-install questionsMikael Ronström7 Jul
  • Re: Couple of post-install questionsHyb9 Jul