List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hyb Date:July 7 2004 4:08pm
Subject:Couple of post-install questions
View as plain text
Hi List,

I've been playing with the lastest source and I'm impressed, but I'm left
with a couple of questions;

a) How does the cluster cope if the MGM host (specified in all component's
Ndb.cfg's) dies or fails to start all together? Will the cluster become
fragmented and stop functioning? I can't see anyway for the DB/API nodes to
source from multiple MGM nodes.

b) Is there a plan (and if so a timescale) to implment TEXT/BLOB column
support in the NDB engine? I have an application that heavily relies on full
text indexed searches and obviously this currently impossible.

Couple of post-install questionsHyb7 Jul
  • RE: Couple of post-install questionsAlejandro J .  Ramírez7 Jul
    • Re: Couple of post-install questionsMikael Ronström7 Jul
  • Re: Couple of post-install questionsMikael Ronström7 Jul
  • Re: Couple of post-install questionsHyb9 Jul