List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Arjen Lentz Date:July 6 2004 12:20am
Subject:Re: AW: Master-Slave Replication with MySQL Cluster
View as plain text
Hi Thomas,

On Tue, 2004-07-06 at 08:38, Thomas Schwanhäuser wrote:
> thanks so far for your answer
> >It may be easier to leave the slaves on TYPE=NDBCLUSTER as well, but
> >have a different cluster setup. At the minimum, each slave could run
> >with only a single database node (i.e. 1 replica).
> That is interesting. I thought that you just can have a maximum of
> four replicas and you're getting into trouble if you can't manage the
> traffic with that 4 nodes.

There can be more than 4 nodes in the cluster.
Yes the maximum number of replicas is 4, but MySQL Cluster can also
fragment its data across multiple nodes. This means that even the load
of a single query can be spread over multiple nodes, each of which
returning part of the result.

> But do I understand you right that you can in fact establish
> multi-layer Master-Slave set-ups like in "classic" environments, too?

Yes, apart from all the above, the usual replication mechanism of the
MySQL server is still available.

Arjen Lentz, Technical Writer, Trainer
Brisbane, QLD Australia

Sydney 18 Oct 2004 (4.5 days): DBMS Introduction Training
Training,Support,Licenses,T-shirts @

Re: AW: Master-Slave Replication with MySQL ClusterArjen Lentz6 Jul