List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan Andersson Date:October 10 2013 3:38pm
Subject:Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spike
View as plain text
Hi,

What is the exact error code you get from the mysql server and do you have
anything in the error log of the mysql server?

What is "TransactionDeadlockDetectionTimeout" set to in config.ini
What does
  SHOW GLOBAL VARIABLES LIKE '%timeout%'
from the mysql server in question print out?

Best regards,
johan

Severalnines AB

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 4:31 PM, Raymond Peachey <raypeachey@stripped>wrote:

> Hello Hendrik,
>
> The setting is currently configured to 30 on each MYSQLD node, with a total
> of 60 API connections in the config.ini (other than the 4 data node
> connections of course). I feel that the execution threads is the only
> possible culprit here. Unless advised otherwise, I will be rolling back my
> previous change for the send/receive buffers and will be increasing
> execution threads.
>
> Also, for reference, the two MYSQLD nodes are 32 core (w/HT) boxes.
>

> On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 1:07 AM, Hendrik Woltersdorf <
> hendrik.woltersdorf@stripped> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > whats your setting of "ndb-cluster-connection-pool" (in my.cnf) ?
> > With only 2 api nodes increasing MaxNoOfExecutionThreads makes only sense
> > (to me), if you have more than one connection between api nodes and data
> > nodes.
> > (You need to add additional api slots in config.ini for the additional
> > connections).
> >
> > regards
> > Hendrik Woltersdorf
> >
> > XCOM AG
> > Softwareentwicklung
> > Banksystem Front- und Middleoffice
> > Peter-Breuer-Str. 13
> > 08056 Zwickau
> > Germany
> >
> > Telefon +49 375 27008-580
> > Telefax +49 375 27008-25
> > Mobil   +49 152 22999 584
> > hendrik.woltersdorf@stripped
> > http://www.xcom.de
> >
> > schrieb Raymond Peachey:
> >
> >> Increased it to 64MB send/receive buffers to no avail. I'm curious if
> >> maybe
> >> upping the Max Execution threads could help? We have it set to 8 at the
> >> moment. Any insight on how to gauge thread usage to see the possible
> >> effects of increasing this setting?
> >>

> >> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Wagner Bianchi
> >> <wagnerbianchijr@stripped>**wrote:
> >>
> >>  Could you give it a try and let us know what you've got from the new

> hitting

> > --

Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey7 Oct
  • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeMagnus BlĂ„udd9 Oct
    • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey9 Oct
      • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeWagner Bianchi9 Oct
        • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey10 Oct
          • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeHendrik Woltersdorf10 Oct
            • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey10 Oct
              • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeJohan Andersson10 Oct
                • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey10 Oct
                  • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeJohan Andersson10 Oct
                    • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey14 Oct
                      • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeHendrik Woltersdorf15 Oct
                        • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey15 Oct
                          • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeJohan Andersson15 Oct
                            • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey16 Oct
                              • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey21 Oct