List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Hendrik Woltersdorf Date:October 10 2013 5:07am
Subject:Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spike
View as plain text
Hi,

whats your setting of "ndb-cluster-connection-pool" (in my.cnf) ?
With only 2 api nodes increasing MaxNoOfExecutionThreads makes only
sense (to me), if you have more than one connection between api nodes
and data nodes.
(You need to add additional api slots in config.ini for the additional
connections).

regards
Hendrik Woltersdorf

XCOM AG
Softwareentwicklung
Banksystem Front- und Middleoffice
Peter-Breuer-Str. 13
08056 Zwickau
Germany

Telefon +49 375 27008-580
Telefax +49 375 27008-25
Mobil   +49 152 22999 584
hendrik.woltersdorf@stripped
http://www.xcom.de

schrieb Raymond Peachey:
> Increased it to 64MB send/receive buffers to no avail. I'm curious if maybe
> upping the Max Execution threads could help? We have it set to 8 at the
> moment. Any insight on how to gauge thread usage to see the possible
> effects of increasing this setting?
>

> On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Wagner Bianchi
> <wagnerbianchijr@stripped>wrote:
>
>> Could you give it a try and let us know what you've got from the new
>> execution? Cheers!
>>

>> --
>> *Wagner Bianchi, +55.31.8654.9510*
>>

>> 2013/10/9 Raymond Peachey <raypeachey@stripped>
>>
>>> The query typically takes 1.3 seconds. When my data retrieval job runs
>>> (separate process), the query will start to exceed 5 seconds, hitting
>>> the timeout.
>>>
>>> I'd like to understand if there is anything I can tune that will
>>> improve this situation. I mentioned the Buffer Memory which I think
>>> might help with this, but I'm not sure.
>>>
>>> Sent from my iPhone

Thread
Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey7 Oct
  • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeMagnus BlĂ„udd9 Oct
    • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey9 Oct
      • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeWagner Bianchi9 Oct
        • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey10 Oct
          • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeHendrik Woltersdorf10 Oct
            • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey10 Oct
              • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeJohan Andersson10 Oct
                • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey10 Oct
                  • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeJohan Andersson10 Oct
                    • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey14 Oct
                      • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeHendrik Woltersdorf15 Oct
                        • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey15 Oct
                          • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeJohan Andersson15 Oct
                            • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey16 Oct
                              • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey21 Oct