List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Raymond Peachey Date:October 10 2013 3:07am
Subject:Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spike
View as plain text
Increased it to 64MB send/receive buffers to no avail. I'm curious if maybe
upping the Max Execution threads could help? We have it set to 8 at the
moment. Any insight on how to gauge thread usage to see the possible
effects of increasing this setting?

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 11:05 AM, Wagner Bianchi
<wagnerbianchijr@stripped>wrote:

> Could you give it a try and let us know what you've got from the new
> execution? Cheers!
>

> --
> *Wagner Bianchi, +55.31.8654.9510*
>

> 2013/10/9 Raymond Peachey <raypeachey@stripped>
>
>> The query typically takes 1.3 seconds. When my data retrieval job runs
>> (separate process), the query will start to exceed 5 seconds, hitting
>> the timeout.
>>
>> I'd like to understand if there is anything I can tune that will
>> improve this situation. I mentioned the Buffer Memory which I think
>> might help with this, but I'm not sure.
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>> > On Oct 9, 2013, at 7:24 AM, "Magnus Blåudd"
> <magnus.blaudd@stripped>

>> disk.
>> >

>> > Seems natural that you get "MySQL Server has gone away" in case a query
>> which the client send to MySQL Server takes longer to execute than the
>> timeout you have set. The MySQL Server simply disconnects the client.
>> >
>> > How long does your query normally run when you execute it from the
>> mysql> prompt?
>> >
>> > / Magnus
>>
>> --

Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey7 Oct
  • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeMagnus BlĂ„udd9 Oct
    • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey9 Oct
      • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeWagner Bianchi9 Oct
        • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey10 Oct
          • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeHendrik Woltersdorf10 Oct
            • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey10 Oct
              • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeJohan Andersson10 Oct
                • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey10 Oct
                  • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeJohan Andersson10 Oct
                    • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey14 Oct
                      • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeHendrik Woltersdorf15 Oct
                        • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey15 Oct
                          • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeJohan Andersson15 Oct
                            • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey16 Oct
                              • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey21 Oct