List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wagner Bianchi Date:October 9 2013 3:05pm
Subject:Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spike
View as plain text
Could you give it a try and let us know what you've got from the new
execution? Cheers!

--
*Wagner Bianchi, +55.31.8654.9510*

2013/10/9 Raymond Peachey <raypeachey@stripped>

> The query typically takes 1.3 seconds. When my data retrieval job runs
> (separate process), the query will start to exceed 5 seconds, hitting
> the timeout.
>
> I'd like to understand if there is anything I can tune that will
> improve this situation. I mentioned the Buffer Memory which I think
> might help with this, but I'm not sure.
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Oct 9, 2013, at 7:24 AM, "Magnus Blåudd"
> <magnus.blaudd@stripped>
> wrote:
> >
> >> On 10/08/2013 12:56 AM, Raymond Peachey wrote:
> >> We are running into an issue when a job that runs every few minutes is
> >> grabbing changed data (determined by triggers) and dumping it out to
> disk.
> >> During this process, we often hit a 5 second timeout that we have
> >> configured for MySQL Cluster, causing a MYSQL HAS GONE AWAY error.
> >

> > Seems natural that you get "MySQL Server has gone away" in case a query
> which the client send to MySQL Server takes longer to execute than the
> timeout you have set. The MySQL Server simply disconnects the client.
> >
> > How long does your query normally run when you execute it from the
> mysql> prompt?
> >
> > / Magnus

Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey7 Oct
  • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeMagnus BlĂ„udd9 Oct
    • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey9 Oct
      • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeWagner Bianchi9 Oct
        • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey10 Oct
          • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeHendrik Woltersdorf10 Oct
            • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey10 Oct
              • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeJohan Andersson10 Oct
                • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey10 Oct
                  • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeJohan Andersson10 Oct
                    • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey14 Oct
                      • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeHendrik Woltersdorf15 Oct
                        • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey15 Oct
                          • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeJohan Andersson15 Oct
                            • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey16 Oct
                              • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey21 Oct