List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Raymond Peachey Date:October 9 2013 2:02pm
Subject:Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spike
View as plain text
The query typically takes 1.3 seconds. When my data retrieval job runs
(separate process), the query will start to exceed 5 seconds, hitting
the timeout.

I'd like to understand if there is anything I can tune that will
improve this situation. I mentioned the Buffer Memory which I think
might help with this, but I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 9, 2013, at 7:24 AM, "Magnus Blåudd" <magnus.blaudd@stripped>
> wrote:
>
>> On 10/08/2013 12:56 AM, Raymond Peachey wrote:
>> We are running into an issue when a job that runs every few minutes is
>> grabbing changed data (determined by triggers) and dumping it out to disk.
>> During this process, we often hit a 5 second timeout that we have
>> configured for MySQL Cluster, causing a MYSQL HAS GONE AWAY error.
>

> Seems natural that you get "MySQL Server has gone away" in case a query which the
> client send to MySQL Server takes longer to execute than the timeout you have set. The
> MySQL Server simply disconnects the client.
>
> How long does your query normally run when you execute it from the mysql> prompt?
>
> / Magnus
Thread
Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey7 Oct
  • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeMagnus BlĂ„udd9 Oct
    • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey9 Oct
      • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeWagner Bianchi9 Oct
        • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey10 Oct
          • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeHendrik Woltersdorf10 Oct
            • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey10 Oct
              • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeJohan Andersson10 Oct
                • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey10 Oct
                  • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeJohan Andersson10 Oct
                    • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey14 Oct
                      • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeHendrik Woltersdorf15 Oct
                        • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey15 Oct
                          • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeJohan Andersson15 Oct
                            • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey16 Oct
                              • Re: Data retrieval causes query times to spikeRaymond Peachey21 Oct