List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Craig L Russell Date:July 15 2013 3:10pm
Subject:Re: CRUD in MySql general log
View as plain text
Hi,

Can you see if the problem is due to runtime enhancement? That is, can you enhance the
classes at build time.

Regards,

Craig

On Jul 15, 2013, at 3:54 AM, Serdyn du Toit wrote:

> Hi Craig,
>
> > We regularly run tests on OpenJPA 2. What issues are you having?
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENJPA-2407
>
> Kindly give me a shout if you think I should raise a bug with MySql directly - it is
> MySql Cluster specific, the same code works 100% when I changed the persistence.xml to use
> HSqlDb.
>
> Kind regards,
> Serdyn du Toit
>

> On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Craig L Russell <craig.russell@stripped>
> wrote:
>
> On Jul 14, 2013, at 3:28 AM, Serdyn du Toit wrote:
>
> > I'm using the OpenJpa 1.3.x branch.
> > (had some issues using OpenJpa 2 and ALL the MySql Cluster tutorials I've
> > looked at still seem to use OpenJpa 1)
>
> We regularly run tests on OpenJPA 2. What issues are you having?
>
> Craig
> >

> > On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Serdyn du Toit <dutoitns@stripped>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> One of the MySql Cluster manuals says the following:
> >> <quote>
> >> Typically a JPA implementation would access the database (for example,
> >> MySQL Cluster) using JDBC. JDBC gives a great deal of flexibility to the
> >> JPA implementer but it cannot give the best performance when using MySQL
> >> Cluster as there is an internal conversion to SQL by Connector/J and a
> >> subsequent translation from SQL to the C++ NDB API by the MySQL Server.
> >> OpenJPA can be configured to use the high performance NDB API (via
> >> ClusterJ) for most operations but fall back on JDBC for more complex
> >> queries.
> >> </quote>
> >>
> >> The usage of the NDB API should automatically activate if I have the
> >> following in my persistence.xml?
> >> <property name="openjpa.BrokerFactory" value="ndb" />
> >> <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value="TableType=ndbcluster"
> />
> >> <property name="openjpa.ndb.connectString" value="localhost:1186" />
> >>
> >> Should I then expect to *NOT* see inserts and updates in the MySql general
> >> log?  Currently I still see INSERTs and UPDATEs in the MySql general log.
> >> Is that to be expected or does it mean that the NDB API isn't being used
> >> directly?
> >>
> >> (*OR* is my understanding wrong even though the text says "OpenJPA can be
> >> configured" - that I will still need to use ClusterJ for those
> >> operations...have a clusterj.properties alongside my persistence.xml
> [...]

Thread
CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell14 Jul
      • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
        • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell15 Jul
          • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
            • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit19 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit22 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell20 Aug
  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell14 Jul
    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
      • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
        • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell15 Jul
          • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit16 Jul
            • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit16 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit22 Jul
                • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell23 Jul
                  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit23 Jul
                    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit23 Jul