List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Serdyn du Toit Date:July 15 2013 10:54am
Subject:Re: CRUD in MySql general log
View as plain text
Hi Craig,

> We regularly run tests on OpenJPA 2. What issues are you having?

Kindly give me a shout if you think I should raise a bug with MySql
directly - it is MySql Cluster specific, the same code works 100% when I
changed the persistence.xml to use HSqlDb.

Kind regards,
Serdyn du Toit

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 4:25 PM, Craig L Russell
<craig.russell@stripped>wrote:

> On Jul 14, 2013, at 3:28 AM, Serdyn du Toit wrote:
>
> > I'm using the OpenJpa 1.3.x branch.
> > (had some issues using OpenJpa 2 and ALL the MySql Cluster tutorials I've
> > looked at still seem to use OpenJpa 1)
>
> We regularly run tests on OpenJPA 2. What issues are you having?
>
> Craig
> >

> > On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Serdyn du Toit <dutoitns@stripped>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> One of the MySql Cluster manuals says the following:
> >> <quote>
> >> Typically a JPA implementation would access the database (for example,
> >> MySQL Cluster) using JDBC. JDBC gives a great deal of flexibility to the
> >> JPA implementer but it cannot give the best performance when using MySQL
> >> Cluster as there is an internal conversion to SQL by Connector/J and a
> >> subsequent translation from SQL to the C++ NDB API by the MySQL Server.
> >> OpenJPA can be configured to use the high performance NDB API (via
> >> ClusterJ) for most operations but fall back on JDBC for more complex
> >> queries.
> >> </quote>
> >>
> >> The usage of the NDB API should automatically activate if I have the
> >> following in my persistence.xml?
> >> <property name="openjpa.BrokerFactory" value="ndb" />
> >> <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value="TableType=ndbcluster"
> />
> >> <property name="openjpa.ndb.connectString" value="localhost:1186" />
> >>
> >> Should I then expect to *NOT* see inserts and updates in the MySql
> general
> >> log?  Currently I still see INSERTs and UPDATEs in the MySql general
> log.
> >> Is that to be expected or does it mean that the NDB API isn't being used
> >> directly?
> >>
> >> (*OR* is my understanding wrong even though the text says "OpenJPA can
> be
> >> configured" - that I will still need to use ClusterJ for those
> >> operations...have a clusterj.properties alongside my persistence.xml
> >> etcetera...)
> >>
> >> Many thanks :)
> >> Serdyn du Toit
> >>

> Craig L Russell
> Architect, Oracle
> http://db.apache.org/jdo
> 408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@stripped
> P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Thread
CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell14 Jul
      • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
        • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell15 Jul
          • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
            • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit19 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit22 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell20 Aug
  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell14 Jul
    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
      • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
        • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell15 Jul
          • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit16 Jul
            • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit16 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit22 Jul
                • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell23 Jul
                  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit23 Jul
                    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit23 Jul