List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Craig L Russell Date:July 14 2013 2:25pm
Subject:Re: CRUD in MySql general log
View as plain text
On Jul 14, 2013, at 3:28 AM, Serdyn du Toit wrote:

> I'm using the OpenJpa 1.3.x branch.
> (had some issues using OpenJpa 2 and ALL the MySql Cluster tutorials I've
> looked at still seem to use OpenJpa 1)

We regularly run tests on OpenJPA 2. What issues are you having?

Craig

> On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Serdyn du Toit <dutoitns@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> One of the MySql Cluster manuals says the following:
>> <quote>
>> Typically a JPA implementation would access the database (for example,
>> MySQL Cluster) using JDBC. JDBC gives a great deal of flexibility to the
>> JPA implementer but it cannot give the best performance when using MySQL
>> Cluster as there is an internal conversion to SQL by Connector/J and a
>> subsequent translation from SQL to the C++ NDB API by the MySQL Server.
>> OpenJPA can be configured to use the high performance NDB API (via
>> ClusterJ) for most operations but fall back on JDBC for more complex
>> queries.
>> </quote>
>>
>> The usage of the NDB API should automatically activate if I have the
>> following in my persistence.xml?
>> <property name="openjpa.BrokerFactory" value="ndb" />
>> <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value="TableType=ndbcluster" />
>> <property name="openjpa.ndb.connectString" value="localhost:1186" />
>>
>> Should I then expect to *NOT* see inserts and updates in the MySql general
>> log?  Currently I still see INSERTs and UPDATEs in the MySql general log.
>> Is that to be expected or does it mean that the NDB API isn't being used
>> directly?
>>
>> (*OR* is my understanding wrong even though the text says "OpenJPA can be
>> configured" - that I will still need to use ClusterJ for those
>> operations...have a clusterj.properties alongside my persistence.xml
>> etcetera...)
>>
>> Many thanks :)
>> Serdyn du Toit

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@stripped
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Thread
CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell14 Jul
      • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
        • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell15 Jul
          • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
            • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit19 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit22 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell20 Aug
  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell14 Jul
    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
      • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
        • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell15 Jul
          • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit16 Jul
            • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit16 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit22 Jul
                • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell23 Jul
                  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit23 Jul
                    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit23 Jul