List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Craig L Russell Date:July 14 2013 2:24pm
Subject:Re: CRUD in MySql general log
View as plain text
Hi Serdyn du Toit,

On Jul 14, 2013, at 3:26 AM, Serdyn du Toit wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One of the MySql Cluster manuals says the following:
> <quote>
> Typically a JPA implementation would access the database (for example,
> MySQL Cluster) using JDBC. JDBC gives a great deal of flexibility to the
> JPA implementer but it cannot give the best performance when using MySQL
> Cluster as there is an internal conversion to SQL by Connector/J and a
> subsequent translation from SQL to the C++ NDB API by the MySQL Server.
> OpenJPA can be configured to use the high performance NDB API (via
> ClusterJ) for most operations but fall back on JDBC for more complex
> queries.
> </quote>
>
> The usage of the NDB API should automatically activate if I have the
> following in my persistence.xml?
> <property name="openjpa.BrokerFactory" value="ndb" />
> <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value="TableType=ndbcluster" />
> <property name="openjpa.ndb.connectString" value="localhost:1186" />
>
> Should I then expect to *NOT* see inserts and updates in the MySql general
> log?  Currently I still see INSERTs and UPDATEs in the MySql general log.
> Is that to be expected or does it mean that the NDB API isn't being used
> directly?

You should not see "simple" inserts and updates in the MySQL general log of the mysqld
that you have configured for clusterjpa.

Can you verify that the tables are defined in cluster (show create table has engine =
ndb)?

Can you run a simple test with the log level for clusterjpa changed from the default INFO
to FINE? That should give us an idea of how clusterjpa is running.

Regards,

Craig

> (*OR* is my understanding wrong even though the text says "OpenJPA can be
> configured" - that I will still need to use ClusterJ for those
> operations...have a clusterj.properties alongside my persistence.xml
> etcetera...)
>
> Many thanks :)
> Serdyn du Toit

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@stripped
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Thread
CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell14 Jul
      • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
        • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell15 Jul
          • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
            • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit19 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit22 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell20 Aug
  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell14 Jul
    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
      • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
        • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell15 Jul
          • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit16 Jul
            • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit16 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit22 Jul
                • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell23 Jul
                  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit23 Jul
                    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit23 Jul