List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Serdyn du Toit Date:July 14 2013 10:28am
Subject:Re: CRUD in MySql general log
View as plain text
I'm using the OpenJpa 1.3.x branch.
(had some issues using OpenJpa 2 and ALL the MySql Cluster tutorials I've
looked at still seem to use OpenJpa 1)

On Sun, Jul 14, 2013 at 12:26 PM, Serdyn du Toit <dutoitns@stripped> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> One of the MySql Cluster manuals says the following:
> <quote>
> Typically a JPA implementation would access the database (for example,
> MySQL Cluster) using JDBC. JDBC gives a great deal of flexibility to the
> JPA implementer but it cannot give the best performance when using MySQL
> Cluster as there is an internal conversion to SQL by Connector/J and a
> subsequent translation from SQL to the C++ NDB API by the MySQL Server.
> OpenJPA can be configured to use the high performance NDB API (via
> ClusterJ) for most operations but fall back on JDBC for more complex
> queries.
> </quote>
>
> The usage of the NDB API should automatically activate if I have the
> following in my persistence.xml?
> <property name="openjpa.BrokerFactory" value="ndb" />
> <property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value="TableType=ndbcluster" />
> <property name="openjpa.ndb.connectString" value="localhost:1186" />
>
> Should I then expect to *NOT* see inserts and updates in the MySql general
> log?  Currently I still see INSERTs and UPDATEs in the MySql general log.
>  Is that to be expected or does it mean that the NDB API isn't being used
> directly?
>
> (*OR* is my understanding wrong even though the text says "OpenJPA can be
> configured" - that I will still need to use ClusterJ for those
> operations...have a clusterj.properties alongside my persistence.xml
> etcetera...)
>
> Many thanks :)
> Serdyn du Toit

Thread
CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell14 Jul
      • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
        • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell15 Jul
          • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
            • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit19 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit22 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell20 Aug
  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell14 Jul
    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
      • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
        • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell15 Jul
          • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit16 Jul
            • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit16 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit22 Jul
                • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell23 Jul
                  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit23 Jul
                    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit23 Jul