List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Serdyn du Toit Date:July 14 2013 10:26am
Subject:CRUD in MySql general log
View as plain text
Hi,

One of the MySql Cluster manuals says the following:
<quote>
Typically a JPA implementation would access the database (for example,
MySQL Cluster) using JDBC. JDBC gives a great deal of flexibility to the
JPA implementer but it cannot give the best performance when using MySQL
Cluster as there is an internal conversion to SQL by Connector/J and a
subsequent translation from SQL to the C++ NDB API by the MySQL Server.
OpenJPA can be configured to use the high performance NDB API (via
ClusterJ) for most operations but fall back on JDBC for more complex
queries.
</quote>

The usage of the NDB API should automatically activate if I have the
following in my persistence.xml?
<property name="openjpa.BrokerFactory" value="ndb" />
<property name="openjpa.jdbc.DBDictionary" value="TableType=ndbcluster" />
<property name="openjpa.ndb.connectString" value="localhost:1186" />

Should I then expect to *NOT* see inserts and updates in the MySql general
log?  Currently I still see INSERTs and UPDATEs in the MySql general log.
 Is that to be expected or does it mean that the NDB API isn't being used
directly?

(*OR* is my understanding wrong even though the text says "OpenJPA can be
configured" - that I will still need to use ClusterJ for those
operations...have a clusterj.properties alongside my persistence.xml
etcetera...)

Many thanks :)
Serdyn du Toit

Thread
CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell14 Jul
      • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
        • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell15 Jul
          • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
            • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit19 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit22 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell20 Aug
  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell14 Jul
    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit14 Jul
      • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit15 Jul
        • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell15 Jul
          • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit16 Jul
            • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit16 Jul
              • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit22 Jul
                • Re: CRUD in MySql general logCraig L Russell23 Jul
                  • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit23 Jul
                    • Re: CRUD in MySql general logSerdyn du Toit23 Jul