List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Serdyn du Toit Date:July 3 2013 3:40pm
Subject:Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)
View as plain text
Hi guys,

Thanks for the all the help - unfortunately I still can't resolve this
issue.

I installed Ubuntu on another Pc (ie no longer using VirtualBox) and it
still didn't work.  (Windows --> Ubuntu on another PC)

I also installed CentOs inside VMWare (ie no longer using VirtualBox) and
it still didn't work.  (Windows --> Centos inside a VM on the same machine)

So, so far the only setup that worked was when MySql Cluster was running on
my main Windows machine.

I don't know what more I can try - so either I'm going to continue with the
Windows-Windows setup and just implement operational scripts for Linux as
required.  Alternatively I can just install CentOS and use that as my main
operating system (very impressed with it).

Kind regards,
Serdyn du Toit

On Sat, Jun 29, 2013 at 12:18 PM, Johan Andersson <johan@stripped>wrote:

> Also disable selinux if you are on centos/redhat:
> sudo setenforce 0
>
> Johan
>
> On 29 jun 2013, at 11:52, Andrew Morgan <andrew.morgan@stripped> wrote:
>
> > Hi Serdyn,
> >
> > I use Cluster on VB a lot (in bridged mode) and it seems fine. Have you
> turned the firewalls off within your VMs?
> >
> > Andrew.
> >

> > On 29 Jun 2013, at 09:58, Serdyn du Toit <dutoitns@stripped> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Use ClusterJ - check.
> >>
> >> Review connectivity - check.
> >> Initially the networking to the VirtualBox VM was using NAT and port
> >> forwarding.  In the meantime I've changed to "Bridged Adapter" which
> >> basically gives the VM its own IP address.
> >>
> >> I now installed MySql Cluster on Windows (from where I'm executing my
> code)
> >> and everything works.  So there does seem to be a problem with the
> >> VirtualBox communication (even though I tried two configurations which
> does
> >> work for normal non-development use)
> >>
> >> I'll investigate a bit more later and feedback.  I want to
> >> 1) review other VirtualBox network connectivity modes and see if
> something
> >> interesting happens
> >> 2) if that fails, try VMWare and just see if I get better results using
> >> different VM software
> >> (or I can of course just develop as-is but my reason for putting MySql
> >> Cluster on the VM was so that I can re-use operational scripts across
> >> development and production - so I'm willing to spend a little bit more
> time
> >> and see if I can get it to work)
> >>
> >> Thanks for all the help!!!! :)
> >
> > --

ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit5 Jun
  • RE: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Andrew Morgan5 Jun
    • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit5 Jun
      • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit26 Jun
        • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit26 Jun
          • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Craig L Russell26 Jun
            • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit26 Jun
              • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Craig L Russell26 Jun
                • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit29 Jun
                  • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Andrew Morgan29 Jun
                    • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Johan Andersson29 Jun
                      • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit3 Jul