List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Johan Andersson Date:June 29 2013 10:18am
Subject:Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)
View as plain text
Also disable selinux if you are on centos/redhat:
sudo setenforce 0

Johan

On 29 jun 2013, at 11:52, Andrew Morgan <andrew.morgan@stripped> wrote:

> Hi Serdyn,
>
> I use Cluster on VB a lot (in bridged mode) and it seems fine. Have you turned the
> firewalls off within your VMs?
>
> Andrew.
>

> On 29 Jun 2013, at 09:58, Serdyn du Toit <dutoitns@stripped> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Use ClusterJ - check.
>>
>> Review connectivity - check.
>> Initially the networking to the VirtualBox VM was using NAT and port
>> forwarding.  In the meantime I've changed to "Bridged Adapter" which
>> basically gives the VM its own IP address.
>>
>> I now installed MySql Cluster on Windows (from where I'm executing my code)
>> and everything works.  So there does seem to be a problem with the
>> VirtualBox communication (even though I tried two configurations which does
>> work for normal non-development use)
>>
>> I'll investigate a bit more later and feedback.  I want to
>> 1) review other VirtualBox network connectivity modes and see if something
>> interesting happens
>> 2) if that fails, try VMWare and just see if I get better results using
>> different VM software
>> (or I can of course just develop as-is but my reason for putting MySql
>> Cluster on the VM was so that I can re-use operational scripts across
>> development and production - so I'm willing to spend a little bit more time
>> and see if I can get it to work)
>>
>> Thanks for all the help!!!! :)

ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit5 Jun
  • RE: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Andrew Morgan5 Jun
    • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit5 Jun
      • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit26 Jun
        • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit26 Jun
          • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Craig L Russell26 Jun
            • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit26 Jun
              • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Craig L Russell26 Jun
                • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit29 Jun
                  • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Andrew Morgan29 Jun
                    • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Johan Andersson29 Jun
                      • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit3 Jul