List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Morgan Date:June 29 2013 9:52am
Subject:Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)
View as plain text
Hi Serdyn,

I use Cluster on VB a lot (in bridged mode) and it seems fine. Have you turned the
firewalls off within your VMs?

Andrew.

On 29 Jun 2013, at 09:58, Serdyn du Toit <dutoitns@stripped> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Use ClusterJ - check.
>
> Review connectivity - check.
> Initially the networking to the VirtualBox VM was using NAT and port
> forwarding.  In the meantime I've changed to "Bridged Adapter" which
> basically gives the VM its own IP address.
>
> I now installed MySql Cluster on Windows (from where I'm executing my code)
> and everything works.  So there does seem to be a problem with the
> VirtualBox communication (even though I tried two configurations which does
> work for normal non-development use)
>
> I'll investigate a bit more later and feedback.  I want to
> 1) review other VirtualBox network connectivity modes and see if something
> interesting happens
> 2) if that fails, try VMWare and just see if I get better results using
> different VM software
> (or I can of course just develop as-is but my reason for putting MySql
> Cluster on the VM was so that I can re-use operational scripts across
> development and production - so I'm willing to spend a little bit more time
> and see if I can get it to work)
>
> Thanks for all the help!!!! :)
Thread
ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit5 Jun
  • RE: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Andrew Morgan5 Jun
    • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit5 Jun
      • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit26 Jun
        • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit26 Jun
          • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Craig L Russell26 Jun
            • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit26 Jun
              • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Craig L Russell26 Jun
                • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit29 Jun
                  • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Andrew Morgan29 Jun
                    • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Johan Andersson29 Jun
                      • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit3 Jul