List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Serdyn du Toit Date:June 29 2013 8:58am
Subject:Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)
View as plain text
Hi,

Use ClusterJ - check.

Review connectivity - check.
Initially the networking to the VirtualBox VM was using NAT and port
forwarding.  In the meantime I've changed to "Bridged Adapter" which
basically gives the VM its own IP address.

I now installed MySql Cluster on Windows (from where I'm executing my code)
and everything works.  So there does seem to be a problem with the
VirtualBox communication (even though I tried two configurations which does
work for normal non-development use)

I'll investigate a bit more later and feedback.  I want to
1) review other VirtualBox network connectivity modes and see if something
interesting happens
2) if that fails, try VMWare and just see if I get better results using
different VM software
(or I can of course just develop as-is but my reason for putting MySql
Cluster on the VM was so that I can re-use operational scripts across
development and production - so I'm willing to spend a little bit more time
and see if I can get it to work)

Thanks for all the help!!!! :)

Thread
ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit5 Jun
  • RE: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Andrew Morgan5 Jun
    • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit5 Jun
      • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit26 Jun
        • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit26 Jun
          • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Craig L Russell26 Jun
            • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit26 Jun
              • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Craig L Russell26 Jun
                • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit29 Jun
                  • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Andrew Morgan29 Jun
                    • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Johan Andersson29 Jun
                      • Re: ClusterJDatastoreException (possible obscure Windows error?)Serdyn du Toit3 Jul