List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:fingerol@gmail.com Date:May 27 2013 4:21pm
Subject:Disk based tables
View as plain text
Hi (again):

Currently, our cluster is hosting several databases. One of the
databases is growing and growing and growing ... and the nodes are
starting to swap memory to disk.

So, we want to take out that database from the cluster.

But, I want to know if I can just change the table engine to innodb and
this will take the tables off memory and the data will be always stored
on disk.

Yes, I know that the innodb engine will not be propagated over the
cluster, but I can deal with this because the client can connect
directly to the IP of the node that host that disk-based database
instead of the load balancer.

Will this work ? If I change tables to use innodb instead of ndb will
take out the tables from the memory ?

Thanks !!!

Regards,
Juanjo.
Thread
Disk based tablesfingerol@gmail.com27 May
  • Re: Disk based tablesStewart Smith4 Jun