List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Raymond Peachey Date:April 15 2013 12:45pm
Subject:Threads_connected
View as plain text
Hello,

Is it possible to actually monitor number of connected clients on your
mysql cluster when you have cluster connection pooling enabled?

For example, in our case we have a MySQL Cluster node with 32 cores, which
we've allocated 30 to use ndb connection pooling. When running a mysqlslap
with a concurrency of, say, 60, I do not see that value show in
threads_connected. Nor, do I see it show processlist.

When I remove the ndb connection pooling, I accurately see the processlist
showing all connected clients. I assume this is because of how the ndb
connection pooling, in essence (correct me if I'm wrong), a mysqld child
process that is used to connect to the cluster, which maybe is retaining
it's own counters?? Is my thinking correct here, or is there a documented,
alternate way of monitoring connected clients when using ndb connection
pooling?

Thanks,

-Ray

Thread
Threads_connectedRaymond Peachey15 Apr
  • Re: Threads_connectedMagnus BlĂ„udd17 Apr
    • Re: Threads_connectedRaymond Peachey17 Apr