List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Truls Bergskaug Date:March 6 2013 4:35pm
Subject:Re: Changes from Procedure Not Replicating?
View as plain text
On 2013-03-06 16:39, Ken Linder wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a question about replication.  We are not sure if this is a bug, but it
> certainly feels like it.  Here is the simplified situation...
>
> We have a larger database (~50GB) that is replicated to a second MySQL machine as a
> sort-of live backup.  It has over 200 million daily transactions and we need to keep a
> live backup for disaster planning.
>
> We have some other non-replicated databases on the Master MySQL machine for
> reporting, research work, etc...  Here is the oddity...
>
> When the currently active database is not replicated, and an update/delete/insert is
> issued against a table in a replicated database, the change is not replicated.
>
> So...
> MachineA.ReplicatedDB (Master DB)
> MachineZ.ReplicatedDB (Slave DB)
> MachineA.NotReplicatedDB (Not Replicated DB)
>
> Doing this on MachineA...
> Use NotReplicatedDB;
> Insert into ReplicatedDB.SomeTable (SomeString) values('This is a test');
>
> Will insert a record in the MachineA.ReplicatedDB.SomeTable  HOWEVER, that record
> will not be replicated into MachineZ.ReplicatedDB.SomeTable
>
> Bug? Feature? Side effect?
This is described here:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/replication-rules-examples.html
and this is how replication-filtering works.

This works different with row-based replication.

Truls

--
Truls Bergskaug
Senior System Consultant

Basefarm AS
Nydalen Allé 37, N-0484 Oslo
+47 917 90 643 | +47 4000 4100
truls@stripped | www.basefarm.no

techincal exellence - caring for your business
Thread
Changes from Procedure Not Replicating?Ken Linder6 Mar
  • Re: Changes from Procedure Not Replicating?Truls Bergskaug6 Mar
  • Re: Changes from Procedure Not Replicating?Johan De Meersman6 Mar
    • RE: Changes from Procedure Not Replicating?Ken Linder6 Mar