List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Ken Linder Date:March 6 2013 3:39pm
Subject:Changes from Procedure Not Replicating?
View as plain text
Hi all,

I have a question about replication.  We are not sure if this is a bug, but it certainly
feels like it.  Here is the simplified situation...

We have a larger database (~50GB) that is replicated to a second MySQL machine as a
sort-of live backup.  It has over 200 million daily transactions and we need to keep a
live backup for disaster planning.

We have some other non-replicated databases on the Master MySQL machine for reporting,
research work, etc...  Here is the oddity...

When the currently active database is not replicated, and an update/delete/insert is
issued against a table in a replicated database, the change is not replicated.

So...
MachineA.ReplicatedDB (Master DB)
MachineZ.ReplicatedDB (Slave DB)
MachineA.NotReplicatedDB (Not Replicated DB)

Doing this on MachineA...
Use NotReplicatedDB;
Insert into ReplicatedDB.SomeTable (SomeString) values('This is a test');

Will insert a record in the MachineA.ReplicatedDB.SomeTable  HOWEVER, that record will not
be replicated into MachineZ.ReplicatedDB.SomeTable

Bug? Feature? Side effect?

Server version: 5.5.25a-log MySQL Community Server (GPL) by Remi
Linux: 2.6.32-220.13.1.el6.x86_64 CentOS 6.2

TNX
Ken Linder
ANI Networks
Thread
Changes from Procedure Not Replicating?Ken Linder6 Mar
  • Re: Changes from Procedure Not Replicating?Truls Bergskaug6 Mar
  • Re: Changes from Procedure Not Replicating?Johan De Meersman6 Mar
    • RE: Changes from Procedure Not Replicating?Ken Linder6 Mar