List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Morgan Date:February 25 2013 3:48pm
Subject:RE: Configuration for ndbd
View as plain text
Hi Aitor,

 The first thing to mention is that the config.ini file applies to the Cluster as a whole
- you provide its location when starting the management node (ndb_mgmd) and then the
management node will provide the config information to the rest of the nodes as they join
the cluster. The my.cnf file is specific to an individual mysqld.

 To get your first Cluster started, here are a few resources:

1) Quick start guide:
http://downloads.mysql.com/tutorials/cluster/mysql_wp_cluster_quickstart_linux.pdf if you
want to get it quickly up and running by hand
2) Blog:
http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql-cluster/deploying-mysql-cluster-over-multiple-hosts/ to
manually get a cluster running over multiple hosts
3) Auto-installer: http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql-cluster/auto-installer-labs-release/ to
use a browser-based GUI (not yet GA but a really nice tool)
4) Use MySQL Cluster Manager:
http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql-cluster/mysql-cluster-manager-1-2-using-the-new-features/
if you want a commercial tools which will help you with the ongoing management of your
Cluster as well as the initial configuration. Available to try for free for 30 days.

Regards, Andrew.

Thread
Configuration for ndbdAitor Cedres25 Feb
  • RE: Configuration for ndbdAndrew Morgan25 Feb
    • Re: Configuration for ndbdAitor Cedres25 Feb