List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Alex Date:February 17 2013 7:29am
Subject:Alter table lack of RAM
View as plain text
Hello,

I have a NDB table called cdr which has 10M rows, roughly 20Gb. And, the
table cdr is partitioned by cdrYear.

Now, I want to change the partition by below command,
* alter table cdr partitioned by key(areaCode)*

It was said "When you do an alter table, a new copy of the table is created
and the
is copied to that table, which is later renamed to the original, and the
original table is removed."

That means, there would be two table in RAM when altering table.
The total RAM of my server is 30Gb. if two tables are existing, they would
require at least 40Gb.

So, can this alter operation success since there are lack of 10Gb RAM?

Thanks
Alex