List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Craig L Russell Date:December 5 2012 3:27pm
Subject:Re: SessionFactory retrieval
View as plain text
Hi Graeme,

On Dec 3, 2012, at 11:46 AM, Graeme Wallace wrote:

> On my cluster its currently taking 20-25 seconds to get a
> SessionFactory
> instance back from ClusterJHelper.getSessionFactory(props)
>
> Is there anything I can do to make this faster ?

Do you get the same response from e.g. starting a mysqld server? It's
basically the same code.

There's nothing special about the way clusterj gets a session factory
(ndb_cluster_connection) but it does require contacting the management
node and setting up tcp connections from the client node to all data
nodes. If the management node is slow, overloaded, on a slow network,
etc. I might expect the initial connection to be slow.

Craig

> G.
>
> --
> Graeme Wallace
> CTO
> FareCompare.com
> O: 972 588 1414
> M: 214 681 9018

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@stripped
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Thread
SessionFactory retrievalGraeme Wallace3 Dec
  • Re: SessionFactory retrievalCraig L Russell5 Dec
    • Re: SessionFactory retrievalGraeme Wallace5 Dec