List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Craig L Russell Date:November 27 2012 10:11pm
Subject:Re: Problem with multithreading and ClusterJ
View as plain text
Hi Graeme,

On Nov 27, 2012, at 1:56 PM, Graeme Wallace wrote:

> In my test I'm guaranteeing that keys are unique to avoid the
> scenario you
> described.
>
> As far as partitioning is concerned - I'm guessing that i should
> create the
> table to partition by routeKey1 - as i would expect to query the table
> based on ranges of those keys. However, how do i determine at
> runtime what
> partition a particular key will be stored in ?

There is an api that could be used, but it's not exposed through
clusterj.

It's possible to add an API to clusterj by which you could find out
the partition, but I'd like to get some more feedback from others on
the cluster team whether it would make any difference to performance
if you did so.

Craig

> --
> Graeme Wallace
> CTO
> FareCompare.com
> O: 972 588 1414
> M: 214 681 9018

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@stripped
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Thread
Fwd: Problem with multithreading and ClusterJGraeme Wallace27 Nov
  • Re: Problem with multithreading and ClusterJCraig L Russell27 Nov
    • Re: Problem with multithreading and ClusterJGraeme Wallace28 Nov