List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Graeme Wallace Date:November 26 2012 3:09pm
Subject:Problem with multithreading and ClusterJ
View as plain text
I'm trying to make my app multi-threaded and running into
problems.

I have a Session local to each thread that is attempting to write to the
db. I'm batching up many savePersistent() calls in a transaction - but when
the transaction commits I invariably end up with

Nov 21, 2012 7:22:29 PM com.mysql.clusterj.tie.Utility throwError
SEVERE: Error in NdbJTie: returnCode -1, code 266, mysqlCode 146, status 1,
classification 10, message Time-out in NDB, probably caused by deadlock .

For reading the docs, it looks like there shouldn't be table locking going
on - so i dont understand what resource is being held by one thread that
stops the others from being able to write at the same time.

Any clues would be most helpful,

regards,

Graeme

Thread
Problem with multithreading and ClusterJGraeme Wallace26 Nov
  • Re: Problem with multithreading and ClusterJMagnus Blåudd26 Nov
    • Re: Problem with multithreading and ClusterJGraeme Wallace26 Nov
      • Re: Problem with multithreading and ClusterJMagnus Blåudd26 Nov
        • Re: Problem with multithreading and ClusterJGraeme Wallace26 Nov
          • Re: Problem with multithreading and ClusterJMagnus Blåudd27 Nov
            • Re: Problem with multithreading and ClusterJGraeme Wallace27 Nov
              • Re: Problem with multithreading and ClusterJCraig L Russell27 Nov