List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Graeme Wallace Date:November 21 2012 9:12pm
Subject:Help with ClusterJ
View as plain text
I have a stream of data that i'm trying to persist into a cluster using
ClusterJ and I'm running into problems.

For each ASCII record that i receive, I'm parsing into Java primitives then
setting the fields on a Java representation that i've gotten via

what i would really like to do then is to call

so that if the primary key already exists in the db the row gets updated,
and if the primary key doesnt exist a new row gets created.

Unfortunately, this doesnt work as I get an exception back if the primary
key already exists.

Is there a way around this without having to do a session.find() on the
primary key and then updating the fields on the object returned ?

The volume of data that I'm trying to insert is quite large (hundreds of
millions of records) and this would seem like a significant overhead if i
had to do a session.find() for every record.

Graeme Wallace
O: 972 588 1414
M: 214 681 9018

Help with ClusterJGraeme Wallace21 Nov
  • Re: Help with ClusterJMagnus BlĂ„udd22 Nov
    • Re: Help with ClusterJGraeme Wallace22 Nov