List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Morgan Date:September 13 2012 12:39pm
Subject:RE: Improve cluster performances in certain cases
View as plain text
Hi Jerome,

 No, there no such option. The MySQL Server must connect to all data nodes and for any
given query will access the data node(s) where the active partition(s) for the row(s) is
stored. The partitioning of the data between the data nodes is performed by hashing the
primary key (or specific columns within the PK if you override the default behaviour) and
so you cannot force them to be in an active partition on a specific data node. There is no
ability to read or write data in the secondary/backup partition on a data node.

Andrew.