This time I chose to use the installer and during the initial config process I receive this error:

So I then copied the my-template.ini  over to the bin directory and renamed it to my-template.cnf which allowed it to generate the my.ini file but on the next step the service does not start giving the error:

The MySQL service failed to start due to the following error:

Here is the path to the executable:

"E:\mysqlcluster\bin\bin\mysqld" --defaults-file="E:\mysqlcluster\bin\my.ini" MySQL that was autogenerated from the install script.

Notice the extra \bin in the path.

I have tried the zip file and now the install file with no luck.  Not a very good first impression of mysql cluster.  I hope  I can overcome these hurdles so I can continue implementing and testing.