List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomas Ulin Date:October 8 2004 5:29pm
Subject:Re: Problem allocating RAM?
View as plain text
Paul Gardner wrote:

>On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 16:37:13 +0000, Tomas Ulin <tomas@stripped> wrote:
>

>>I would start with running 8 ndbd nodes, 2 per quad machine, and with 2
>>replicas
>>and run 1-2 mysql servers on each quad machine.
>>

>I have seperate machines that run the mysql servers and management
>nodes - assuming 4 ndbd nodes per quad machine, totalling 16 ndbd
>nodes and 2 replicas, 32GB of RAM in total, what will be my database
>size limit?
>
>The cluster is up and running now and I'm in the process of doing an
>alter table engine=ndbcluster - table has 17 million rows.  Fingers
>crossed :-)
>
>Thanks
>Paul

wish you best of luck.  I belive this will be the biggest yet... :)
(we've run with 32 db nodes on an SMP machine a long time ago, but not
with this much data)
I'll be off for the weekend, but please let me/us know if it works or not.

Problem allocating RAM?Paul Gardner8 Oct
  • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Tomas Ulin8 Oct
    • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Paul Gardner8 Oct
      • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Tomas Ulin8 Oct
        • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Paul Gardner8 Oct
          • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Tomas Ulin8 Oct
          • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Tomas Ulin8 Oct
            • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Paul Gardner8 Oct
              • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Tomas Ulin8 Oct
                • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Paul Gardner8 Oct
  • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Mikael Ronström8 Oct