List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Craig L Russell Date:June 18 2012 2:15pm
Subject:Re: ClusterJ distribution awareness
View as plain text
Hi Wasif Riaz Malik,

Just to add to what Andrew says, ClusterJ does try to start a
transaction on the ndbd node most likely to contain the data. It does
this by using the ndb api to set the partition key for the transaction
before starting the transaction. The partition key used is based on
the primary key value of the first operation defined in the
transaction. The ndb api then chooses the best transaction coordinator
for the particular transaction.

Queries that are not primary key queries don't benefit from partition
key awareness so I'd expect these transactions to show a more random
pattern of transaction coordinator node.

Regards,

Craig

On Jun 18, 2012, at 7:06 AM, Andrew Morgan wrote:

> Not specific to ClusterJ but for primary key lookups, the NDB API
> client library hashes the primary key (or a sub-component of the PK
> if you tell it to) to see what partition the data is in - it then
> sends the operation to the primary data node for that partition.
> Clusterj uses the NDB API and so I'd expect the behaviour to be
> consistent.
>
> More on making your app/schema "distribution aware" can be found at
> http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql-cluster/intelligent-user-controlled-partitioning-and-writing-distribution-aware-ndb-api-applications/
>
> Regards, Andrew.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@stripped
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Thread
ClusterJ distribution awarenessWasif Riaz Malik18 Jun
  • RE: ClusterJ distribution awarenessAndrew Morgan18 Jun
    • Re: ClusterJ distribution awarenessCraig L Russell18 Jun
  • Re: ClusterJ distribution awarenessBernd Ocklin21 Jun
    • Re: ClusterJ distribution awarenessWasif Riaz Malik21 Jun