List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Andrew Morgan Date:June 18 2012 2:06pm
Subject:RE: ClusterJ distribution awareness
View as plain text
Not specific to ClusterJ but for primary key lookups, the NDB API client library hashes
the primary key (or a sub-component of the PK if you tell it to) to see what partition
the data is in - it then sends the operation to the primary data node for that partition.
Clusterj uses the NDB API and so I'd expect the behaviour to be consistent.

More on making your app/schema "distribution aware" can be found at
http://www.clusterdb.com/mysql-cluster/intelligent-user-controlled-partitioning-and-writing-distribution-aware-ndb-api-applications/

Regards, Andrew.

Thread
ClusterJ distribution awarenessWasif Riaz Malik18 Jun
  • RE: ClusterJ distribution awarenessAndrew Morgan18 Jun
    • Re: ClusterJ distribution awarenessCraig L Russell18 Jun
  • Re: ClusterJ distribution awarenessBernd Ocklin21 Jun
    • Re: ClusterJ distribution awarenessWasif Riaz Malik21 Jun