List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Claudio Nanni Date:May 25 2012 8:53am
Subject:Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available again
View as plain text
Stewart,

thanks so much for the compliment, but I think all you MySQL guys created a
sort of dream in the database world,
I was working with Oracle 7.3.4 at the time I made the choice to migrate to
MySQL (3.23) and you know how much we all longed for the features of the
'real' RDBMS's!

I think there was quite a good marketing about Cluster, with white papers
and webinars (I simply loved them) but at the end, somewhat similar to
MySQL Proxy (which is even worse), it was hard to adopt it.
Stewart, do you have idea on how many (%) MySQL Cluster installation are
versus any other type?
Also I think with Cluster version 7.2 it might be the time to try again,
didnt try it, but from what I read, it sounds much better.
I also would like to try/study Percona's XtraDB Cluster based on Galera.

Thanks a lot

Claudio

PS: now I will chase you for a signature on the book!

--
Claudio

Thread
Cluster Certification Study Guide available againAftab Khan21 May
  • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againStewart Smith23 May
    • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againWagner Bianchi23 May
      • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againClaudio Nanni24 May
        • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againWagner Bianchi24 May
          • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againClaudio Nanni24 May
        • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againStewart Smith25 May
          • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againClaudio Nanni25 May
            • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againMat Keep25 May
              • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againClaudio Nanni25 May