List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Wagner Bianchi Date:May 24 2012 7:12pm
Subject:Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available again
View as plain text
Recently I bought the Alex David MySQL High Availability Cookbook on
Amazon,
http://www.amazon.com/High-Availability-MySQL-Cookbook-Davies/dp/1847199941 The
major part of the book is about MySQL Cluster, I enjoyed it. He used MySQL
Cluster 7.1 to formulate examples and you'll be guided to build a new fresh
MySQL Cluster from the scratch.

Best wishes,
--
*Wagner Bianchi, Oracle ACE* - *wagnerbianchi.com*
*Mobile:* +55 (31) 8654 - 9510

2012/5/24 Claudio Nanni <claudio.nanni@stripped>

> I have the Sun one and it's a very strange edition, it seems they used a
> print on demand service,
> I think who has it owns a rare edition :)
> Anyway, a good book on MySQL cluster 7+ would be very welcome,
> Those books are based on 5.x and I think there is a big gap in between.
> Cheers
> Claudio
> On May 23, 2012 5:56 PM, "Wagner Bianchi" <wagnerbianchijr@stripped>
> wrote:
>
>> I agree with you @Stewart. I got this certification when I was working
>> with
>> MySQL Professional Services at Oracle in 2010 and I've heard from them
>> that
>> this Guide had its EOL due to unpaid authorial rights. As you know, I'm
>> talking about MySQL Cluster Certification Guide *2nd Edition*, published
>> by
>> Sun Microsystems. I wouldn't buy that first edition available in Amazon.
>>
>> Best wishes,
>> --
>> *Wagner Bianchi, Oracle ACE* - *wagnerbianchi.com*
>> *Mobile:* +55 (31) 8654 - 9510
>> *Twitter*: @wagnerbianchijr
>> *Skype*: wbianchijr / @wbcon
>> --
>> *Blog:* wagnerbianchi.com/blog
>> *LinkedIn*: http://br.linkedin.com/in/wagnerbianchi
>> *Lattes:* http://lattes.cnpq.br/2041067758113940
>>
>> Oracle ACE: http://tinyurl.com/cyltkyz
>> Company: http://wbconsulting.com.br
>> *
>>
>> *
>>

>> 2012/5/23 Stewart Smith <stewart@stripped>
>>
>> > On Mon, 21 May 2012 08:08:52 +0000, Aftab Khan
> <Aftab.Khan@stripped>
>> >
>> > While I cannot speak for Oracle (I don't work there), my guess is that
>> > it will never be available again.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Stewart Smith
>> >
>> > --

Cluster Certification Study Guide available againAftab Khan21 May
  • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againStewart Smith23 May
    • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againWagner Bianchi23 May
      • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againClaudio Nanni24 May
        • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againWagner Bianchi24 May
          • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againClaudio Nanni24 May
        • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againStewart Smith25 May
          • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againClaudio Nanni25 May
            • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againMat Keep25 May
              • Re: Cluster Certification Study Guide available againClaudio Nanni25 May