List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Róbert Kohányi Date:May 24 2012 11:53am
Subject:Starting a single ndbd instance spawns two processes
View as plain text
I'm experimenting with a basic cluster configuration inside Virtual
Box (running Ubuntu 10.04 LTS) using
MySQL distrib mysql-5.5.22 ndb-7.2.6, for linux2.6 (x86_64). (I've
downloaded the latest generic Linux
binary from the main website.)

I've successfully set up a working cluster inside a single VM
(obviously just for testing), which contains
two ndb_mgmd, two ndbd and two mysqld nodes. (In production I plan to
run these on two or more
machines.)

I've posted my cluster configuration[1] and the outline of how I start
my processes[2] to pastebin.

Everything works fine, but I've noticed that there are four ndbd
processes running on the machine.
I've posted some info on these four processes[3] to pastebin too.

I've noticed that each two processes are in a parent-child
relationship, and I figure that this *could*
be normal, but I'm not sure. Anyone has an explanation why is this
happening? (I didn't find info
on this particular matter in the MySQL 5.5 Reference Manual - not yet at least.)

Thanks in advance!

Regards,
Kohányi Róbert

[1]: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=j5jH8nrw
[2]: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=MuGRKDtQ
[3]: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=RNEJinjn
Thread
Starting a single ndbd instance spawns two processesRóbert Kohányi24 May
  • RE: Starting a single ndbd instance spawns two processesAndrew Morgan25 May