List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Antonio Modesto Date:May 21 2012 2:20pm
Subject:Re: Calculating Maximum cluster size
View as plain text
On Mon, 2012-05-21 at 18:04 +0400, Alex/AT wrote:
> > 	I work at an ISP and we're going to put a mysql-cluster in production
> > as our Freeradius backend, as you know the radius database always keeps
> > growing because of the accounting, and I want to estimate the maximum
> > size it could reach, how can I know how much my cluster can store?
>
> I may recommend you to make multilevel accounting archive (we do). Store
> active sessions in Cluster and after they close, move them to archive
> (presumably partitioned InnoDB). Of course, this will require some
> modifications to billing/accounting/tech systems to select data from both
> the Cluster and archive, but it's worth the effort.

It seems to be a nice idea, although I have no idea from where to start
(laugh). Do you periodically run some sort of script reading the radacct
table searching for closed sections, removing and inserting them in a
InnoDB table? Or is it something that executes in realtime?

Regards.

Thread
Calculating Maximum cluster sizeAntonio Modesto21 May
  • RE: Calculating Maximum cluster sizeAndrew Morgan21 May
  • Re: Calculating Maximum cluster sizeAlex/AT21 May
    • Re: Calculating Maximum cluster sizeAntonio Modesto21 May
      • Re: Calculating Maximum cluster sizeJohan Andersson21 May