List:Cluster« Previous MessageNext Message »
From:Tomas Ulin Date:October 8 2004 4:37pm
Subject:Re: Problem allocating RAM?
View as plain text
Paul Gardner wrote:

>On Fri, 08 Oct 2004 15:35:46 +0000, Tomas Ulin <tomas@stripped> wrote:
>

>>double your number of ndbd processes and run 2 on each machine, i.e.
>>total of 8, 2 on each machine;
>>

>Doing it as I type - thanks for your help guys.
>
>Two other questions:
>
>My machines are quad processor boxes.  Should I therefore think about
>running 4 ndbd processes per system, or will the ndbd process use more
>than 1 cpu?

ndbd is in principal a single treaded process (io is handled separate
threads).

A bit of trial and error here.

I would start with running 8 ndbd nodes, 2 per quad machine, and with 2
replicas
and run 1-2 mysql servers on each quad machine.

It might very will be better (for performance) to run 4 ndbd nodes each
on 2 of the quad machines, and have your mysql servers on separate
machines (this would of course give you less memory for your database)

Both of these setups would work from an HA perpective, being able to
bring down the computers for upgrades, handle machine crashes etc.

>Finally, and more for any MySQL staffers - if I have Premier support -
>can I get support for MySQL Cluster as it stands today or do I need to
>wait for 5?
>
>Thanks
>Paul

Thread
Problem allocating RAM?Paul Gardner8 Oct
  • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Tomas Ulin8 Oct
    • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Paul Gardner8 Oct
      • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Tomas Ulin8 Oct
        • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Paul Gardner8 Oct
          • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Tomas Ulin8 Oct
          • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Tomas Ulin8 Oct
            • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Paul Gardner8 Oct
              • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Tomas Ulin8 Oct
                • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Paul Gardner8 Oct
  • Re: Problem allocating RAM?Mikael Ronström8 Oct